I gave Rodney a feeding last night and within two hours he had doubled and bubbled. It was already 10 p.m. so I stirred him down and fed him some more. He was raring to go this morning.
I mixed up a batch of dough using Hamelman’s Deli Rye as a guide. I did substitute a little KA Sir Lancelot for the whole wheat I usually use because 1) I was out of whole wheat and 2) I wanted to see what Sir would add to the mix.
675 grams KA Bread Flour
125 grams KA Sir Lancelot
200 grams Hodgsons Rye
600 grams water
300 grams Rodney
20 grams salt
7 grams SAF Yeast
Put together in the usual method. Added all the ingredients except for the salt and yeast. Let autolyse for 30 minutes and then added the salt and yeast. The addition of the yeast really reduced the rise/proof time which is just fine with me these days.
Bulk ferment was two hours with a few stretch and folds spaced out. Then it was bench rest, shape and into the bannetons. I could tell things were lively as I had to pat down quite a few bubbles on the skin.
30 minutes of proof time and then baked in the dutch ovens.